A career in the media and entertainment industry is full of incredible opportunities. Today in the world of instant communication, the media stays at the very core of our foundation. Today, the Indian media and entertainment industry is the fastest growing sectors. Its various segments like film, television, advertising, print and digital have seen tremendous growth over the years.
The multi-dimensional media and entertainment industry has to keep itself revolutionising their dynamics to adapt to all the constant changes. The newer technology has got many career opportunities that always have a scope of new developments and growth in the industry.
Today students have moved on to pursue media entertainment courses which help them in building a career in marketing, Brand Management, Digital, Television, Print and Radio companies, Film Production, Celebrity Management companies, Advertising companies, PR companies, and Event and Entertainment companies.
Below listed are a few of the career options one gets after doing courses in media and entertainment.
- Journalist – a journalist, is a broad ranged career. Their role is to cover news, events and press conferences, write articles for magazines and websites, anchor news for news channels, and much more.
- Marketing Manager– the role of a marketing manager is to promote products, services and brands. One can also pursue Strategic Marketing, Product Marketing, Business Analysis and branding as a specialisation.
- Advertising executive – An advertising executive has to supervise advertising campaigns and the team and oversee all the components of a campaign, including product development and promotion, account management and client relationship maintenance.
- PR Executive – A PR executive manages information between organisations or individuals and the general public. They promote clients to their intended audiences through news items, press releases and product placements.
- Event Manager – an event manager is responsible for planning and the smooth-sailing of any event. The manager has many roles to play which require many skills that help them in venue management, technical, décor, catering, etc.
- Career in Television, Film and Broadcasting – Career roles in the entertainment industry is a pool of vast opportunities. It has options like a screenwriter, promotion directors, animators, editors, directors, and many more.
Media is a very versatile industry. Today, when it comes to defining the media and entertainment industry includes broadcasting with the help of TV and radio, Entertainment with use of audiovisuals – films, videos and games and the Internet that includes blogs, forums, music, news, Publishing of books, papers and magazines.
Institutes like Pearl Academy offers various courses like Advertisement & Marketing, Fashion Media Communication, Journalism (Media & Communication) and Entertainment (Media & Communication) under both the UG programme and the PG programme in Media and Entertainment. Thus the sky ‘s the limit for the media and entertainment industry when it comes to opportunities.